Friday, November 11, 2011

What kind of art can I do with glass bacardi bottles?

I have about 50 bacardi silver bottles that I have been collecting and I wanted to do something artistic with them but I dont know anything to do. I tried stacking them early in the morning and put them infront of the window when the sun was coming up and it looked very good with it shining through but I need another idea. Anyone know anything?|||Decoupage using school glue like elmers and pictures or colorful paper, or even home photos. Then place artificial or real flowers in the top. Just be sure to soak the bottle in hot water and remove the label and clean the outside well first.|||After first visiting a motor supply store I bought a $50 motor with a motion of 4 rpms. Then I built a 2x2 wooden box. I purchases a 2foot diameter 1/4inch of glass and drilled a while in the center placing the spindle of the motor with a washer on each side of the glass through the glass whole. Then after cleaning off all the labels (optional) off the glass bottles I epoxied(a glue found in any store) the bottles each other randomly making sure to keep the balance of the glass level. For an added effect I added two cabinet lights to the wooden box. The finished product looked like a rotating glass sculpture. When the room light were off it looked like a disco ball effect on the ceiling. I called it AA Reunion.





My sculpture got trashed by a bi-polar art teacher in college so you are more than welcome to replicate it along with the title if you please. Good Luck!!!|||I saw some cool slumped glass of old bottles like old coke bottles. You need an electric kiln and some glass know-how, though. With glass slumping you could slump it once to get it flat and then put a few into a mold and get a bowl out of it or something. If it is silver on glass the paint will probably burn away, though.|||You could paint designs on them and turn them into vases.

No comments:

Post a Comment