Saturday, November 19, 2011

Is it okay to use Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum instead of Bacardi for my "Bacardi Rum Cake" recipe?

I need to make a last minute rum cake, and all i have is Captain Morgan's spiced rum (70 proof) to use in my Bacardi rum cake recipe. Do you think it will taste the same?|||Nope!! it won't taste the same!! It will be way better than bacardi ever thought of being!!!





Bacardi is NOT spiced rum like Captain Morgan!!





Bacardi is the originator of the recipe so of course it calls for this brand of rum.





What time do you think it will be out of the oven? I want a slice!|||You are prob going to do it anyway but here goes- Capt M is not the same type rum-it will not be the same recipe-I'm not saying it won't be better-it just wil not be the same.


I suggest you try it-that's the secret to learning to cook.|||It will taste different just like using a dark rum instead of light rum. it will be a spice rum cake|||it should be fine, in fact it might even be better that way

No comments:

Post a Comment